Sunday, August 3, 2008

Believe it

My house is immaculately clean--you won't find weeks-old mystery spots on my floors. No dust blankets my shelves, and there are no decrepit food crumbs attracting bugs in cracks and corners. Each one of my closets, cabinets and drawers is scrupulously organized. The paint colors in my house work perfectly with my carefully chosen furnishings and wall-hangings. I maintain a full-fledged vegetable and herb garden, from which I regularly prepare delicious, healthy meals. I never eat half a pepperoni pizza in one sitting. I love all of the clothes in my closet. I regularly get pedicures. I never have Eowyn watch TV for an afternoon because I'm too tired to give her my full attention.

None of the above statements are true. (*sigh*)

3 comments:

  1. I like your labels and your new look. Very midnighty.

    You know that if someone could say all those things are true, they'd have no life! Funny how that doesn't keep us from wanting all of it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the occasional blog where the author seems to have done it all. I just wanted it to be clear from the outset that I'm not that person at all.

    Thanks for the compliments on the changes! And, thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura! Ack, you're so funny because I got your email and came here immediately and right away thought, "Who is this person?" LOL! Meh, don't sweat the small stuff. I've stayed at your house, it was perfectly acceptably clean. Maybe even moreso than some because at the time you had a crawling baby. So you didn't swab the house down with child-safe, germ-killing, planet-friendly cleanser everyday... so what? I agree with Anna, anyone whose house was like that would qualify as some kind of OCD person with no real life. Just live it and relax.

    ReplyDelete