Monday, August 4, 2008

In a perfect world...

...my sister, Meredith, and I would live down the street from each other, and my sister-in-law Christy would be in the same neighborhood, too. We'd watch each other's kids and share meals. We'd go to our respective homes when we started to get tired of each other. We'd hang out for no good reason.

In the real world, I've just recently become on "hello" terms with one (1) of my neighbors, after living in this house for three years.

Anyone else longing for village life?

2 comments:

  1. Rinnie and Pam sort of have that going on. They don't live within walking distance, though.

    Do you think it's conceivable that in the future, either you (& family, of course) or Meredith might move to where the other is? Or do you think it's unlikely that Rich and Christian could find desirable jobs in the same town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I often think of Rinnie and Pam. They've got a great situation going on there!

    I don't hold much hope that Meredith and I will ever live in the same town. Rich really doesn't like Orlando, and Christian can't stand the northeast.

    ReplyDelete