Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good Morning, Mom!

You know it's an inauspicious start to your day when you go to retrieve your daughter from her crib in the morning and the first thing she does is hand you some of her own poop.

Yes, you read that right. Gross! Still, I found my self saying, 'um, thank you, sweetie.' (It's an instinct for me to reinforce her any time she hands me something willingly).

Her BM was so profuse and powerful that it managed to come up the front of her diaper. It was on her sheets, it covered her blankie, it defiled her stuffed animals. She had it smeared on her face, her clothes, her hands and her feet.

Cleaning her up was a team effort for Christian and me. And yet, it didn't really bother me. Not that I enjoyed it, but if you had told me two years ago that I would one day be cleaning up a poo-covered toddler and assorted poo-covered accessories with nothing more than feelings of mild inconvenience, I probably wouldn't believe you.

Ah, the blinding power of love.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wakes you up in the morning quite like a baby smeared in poo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm commenting on a blog. I think this must be my first time ever. I even had to make a google account to do this...you should feel really loved! Because you are! I agree with your perfect world post, that would be mine too, well maybe not the part about Christy (though she is really nice). I thought Anna said she didn't have time to blog, yet she's been commenting on all your posts. Where does she find time to do that? I'm jealous! Ok, Rich is kicking me off the computer because he wants to play World of Warcraft. I have no idea if this is an appropriate use of a blog comment...oh well. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just happened to me last week too. I was surprised how little it bothered me. It actually felt like a good excuse to change the crib sheets, which I had been meaning to do anyway.

    ReplyDelete